You never get a second chance to make a first impression
We get one chance to leave a great first impression. But we don’t always know how. I’ve curated a list of 5 vital tricks to first impressions!
1. Sit up straight but remain relaxed. You do NOT want to come off as uncomfortable.
2. Uncross your arms and legs. Not only will you look more engaged, but you will also absorb more of what is going on.
3. Talk with your hands. You look more credible and passionate about what you’re discussing. Avoid going full Tony Soprano.
4. Smile and nod, genuinely. This shows people you are listening to and understanding them.
5. Be aware of your voice. Do you tend to end everything with a question? (‘Does that make sense’ is the ultimate culprit). Avoid this at all cost! Assume they know what you’re talking about and that it makes sense. If it doesn’t, they will ask. Also keep your voice low!
Take these 5 keys to great first impressions and go rock those interviews, staff meetings, and even those first dates!